Portal helps entrepreneurs start successful virtual businesses incl. creative agencies, architecture firms, consulting firms and more. We started working on the product in April 2020, right in the middle of the Covid crisis. 3 months later in July 2020 we launched in private beta and the response has been overwhelming.
Today, we are still a very small team. As we look towards a self-serve release of Portal, we're looking to add a few exceptional people to our team.
Who You Are
- You have good values. You have high integrity. You understand why diversity matters and make others feel like they belong. You're low ego and make the workplace more fun for everyone.
- You're entrepreneurial. You are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in fast-pasted environments. You've likely worked at startups before or might want to start one in the future.
- You're resourceful. You are a fast learner and have a “get things done” mentality. If you don't understand something you quickly determine what to do to push forward.
- You're quality-focused. You understand the relationship between sales & a company's brand. In your outreach, you always prioritize quality and personalization over spam-like sales techniques.
What You'll Do
- You'll generate meetings. Whatever the method, you'll be responsible for getting as many qualified leads in the pipeline as we can handle.
- You'll pitch Portal. You'll frequently do initial meetings with leads and learn about the customer, pitch our product, and get everything setup for onboarding.
- You'll automate. You'll start off doing things manually to optimize for learning and then quickly switch to automated workflows so that you work on higher-leverage work.
- You'll setup good tracking systems. Sales gets messy quickly when you're not rigorous about tracking. You'll be responsible for keeping the CRM clean.
- You'll learn about startups. Aside from your core work, you'll have the opportunity to get involved in other areas - marketing, fundraising, etc.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the role (e.g. "Technical SDR") in the subject line and a body with a short paragraph about you & why you want to join.